Alternatives for Manhattan storage
When moving to Manhattan, you will be asking yourself plenty of questions and you will have a lot of doubts. Most of all, there will certainly be a lot of chaos around you. The moving process to your new Manhattan home will not be that easy. But finding the best Manhattan storage solutions is the beginning of the adjustment process. Storage is a great option in many cases – when you have too many things at home or if you are moving to NYC temporarily. But before you get to find the best alternatives for storage Manhattan and organize your stuff, you should know how to prepare your belongings for storing. We are about to give you some good tips and ideas that you could use for finding good Manhattan storage units.
Prepare your belongings for storing
Are you one of the thousands who have had to pick up all your belongings and move to a new location, in this case this amazing NYC neighborhood? If that is the case, these moving tips and tricks could be life saving! So, you are moving to Manhattan and you have already found your new house. Now it’s time to prepare moving your home. The first thing you should do is to get organized early on. This is the first step in this stressful and turbulent process. Figure out the number of days before moving. Plan on to use these days to avoid any last minute chaos. The point is to manage making a smooth and quick move to Manhattan. Also, you should figure out how you will move. Make sure to get estimates and find your good Manhattan storage on time.
Manhattan storage solutions: How to store your things in five simple steps
- Find a location- First thing you need to do is to find the location that is fits you and that is near your new Manhattan home. There are lots of different storage options available to fit every situation and budget.
- Choose a size- You can choose between large and small storage units depending on how much personal items you have for storing. There is a variety of features in each storage unit, so you need to find the right one for you.
- Reserve-Once you have found the Manhattan storage that suits you, fill out the online reservation form to hold your unit and lock in your price.
- Pack- Take advantage of our packing tips to pack like a pro. Our packing and unpacking service ensures that everything will reach your new venue safely and quickly.
- Move in- Bring your things to the property, meet your manager and sign your lease. Take advantage of our helpful Manhattan storage tips when loading your unit.
Storage units – The second home of your personal possessions
There are lots of different Manhattan storage solutions available to fit every situation and budget. We do recommend full service storage in order to save time and costs. What type of storage do you need?
- Personal storage- Very often you may need storage, even if you are not moving. Maybe you just need more space at your new Manhattan home.
- Business storage- You can use this type of storage if you need some extra space for your office supplies.
- Short-term storage- If you need to store your house for a limited time period, this is the perfect solution for you.
- Long-term storage- You don’t always want to get rid of your things and memories that don’t use on a daily basis. Maybe you will need them in some moment of your life. That’s why long term storage is the best solution in this case.
Packing tips to make the moving process easier
- Make a packing checklist.
This will make all the difference and make your moving house really easy. Make a list of all the articles you place in each box. You could label and number them as Books, DVD’s or shoes etc. Make sure you pack them in a way that will make unpacking easier. This is one of the tricks for successful packing without chaos.
- Have a tactic when packing. Organize your belongings according to the moment you will use them. For example, have one bag with all the necessary articles you will need on the day of the move. Make sure you pack articles like toiletries, fresh pair of clothes and electronics like your smart phone or laptop with cables. Also, if its summer time, pack all your winter things separately so you do not have to sort them again when unpacking.
- How to pack electronics? Take a photo of the arrangement of cables behind all your electrical appliances so that it saves you time from figuring them out while unpacking.
- Sell or donate. If you have more things than you need or know, this tip is for you! Separate all your things in these 3 groups. You can organize a yard sale or put your belongings on sale online. Also, you can donate things that are in fairly good condition to charity or even to your friends and family. For all the things you need to take with you, you need to make sure you have boxes that are good enough to pack them in.
Ideas you could use for packing your items
Get the packing materials for Manhattan storagethat you will need. That is: packing paper, moving blankets, moving pads, strong cardboard boxes of various sizes and tools to take apart appliances and furniture if needed. This should be your first task on your list when preparing for packing items for storage.
Keep bolts and other hardware in a plastic bag and tape it to the item it belongs to– the bottom of the table, place it inside a shelf of the wardrobe, etc. This is one of the most useful tips for packing a storage unit which we can advice you.
Using stackable boxes will help you more easily arrange them. For heavier items it is good to use smaller boxes which can hold up the weight and which are easier to transfer. In your Manhattan storage place heavier and stronger items first like refrigerator, dishwater and tools. Lighter and unbreakable things like clothes on top.
Appliances like a fridge or freezer should be stored clean and dry. Always leave the door slightly open to let air circulate and prevent mold. For other appliances the doors should be closed.
Label boxes with its content and which room it belongs to on its top and on each of its sides. You can keep with you a list with the boxes and their content so that you know what you’ve locked up in storage.