How to pack your office for Manhattan move
Get Your Free Moving Quote
An entrepreneur, or a freelancer, has an additional headache when it comes to moving to NYC. Besides moving home, he/she needs to move the office too! And moving an office takes the additional preparations and efforts. First, you need to make sure you’ll have enough space for your office items in your new home or a place you’ll rent to work in. After that, given that the office might contain some special machines, you need to know if Manhattan movers you’re about to hire have the abilities to move them. Also, you need the knowledge of how to pack your office items and secure them from damaging during the transportation to The City. Don’t worry. Visiting our Manhattan Movers NYC website you’ll find some useful tips. For example, in this article, you’ll learn how to pack your office for Manhattan move!
Moving guide for business people:
How to pack your office for Manhattan move
When hiring movers in Manhattan, the first thing that occupies your mind is how to save some money. Or at least that’s what people we asked said. One of the best ways to trim Manhattan moving costs is to pack your items by yourself. Therefore, when you’re moving your office, you should pack the boxes yourself. This is something you could do, and by doing that, you’re avoiding the expense of leaving that job to professional Manhattan packers and movers. Every penny saved during the relocation to The City means one penny more for the beginning of life in the center of NYC. And it means a lot, New York and especially the NYC borough of Manhattan is a very expensive city! Hence, let’s learn how to pack your office for Manhattan move:
- Learn how to secure important items from damaging- The know-how is the most important thing in every job. Get to know how to pack your office for Manhattan move
- Prepare the packing items and material- Get the supplies so you could properly conduct the packing of your office.
- Carefully pack and label your office stuff- Be very cautious while doing the packing, the safety of your items is at stake.
The knowledge is one-half of the job done
Nobody knows everything. So don’t feel embarrassed if you don’t know how to pack your office for Manhattan move. It’s something the most of the people that never moved don’t know. So, is it more important not to feel the embarrassment of asking someone for help, or having your items ruined or damaged? We all know the answer. Have a look at some youtube video, ask a friend of yours or ask the professional mover. It doesn’t matter what source you’ll use to find out how to do the packing of your office for your Manhattan moving day. Wha really matters is to do it right. Especially when it comes to packing the electronics. Get to work and start the training of how to properly pack your office.
for the packing, you need the packing supplies
To properly conduct the packing, you need the proper packing items and materials. In order to save money when moving your office to Manhattan, which is the goal if you’re gonna pack by yourself, we suggest you use previously used packing boxes. It saves you money, and it doesn’t make any difference if the box is new or used just once or twice. Talking about the supplies for packing the office prior to the Manhattan moving day, here’s what you should prepare:
- Packing boxes
- Packing tape
- Wrapping material
- Packing paper
Talking about the boxes, the size and the number of them vary a lot. It depends on the size of your office and the number of items how many boxes will you have, and what their size should be. But here are some examples we took from our clients:
- 500 sq ft office: 6 small, 6 medium-sized and 6 large boxes
- 1000 sq ft office: 16 small, 16 medium-sized and 6 large boxes
- 2000 sq ft office: 16 small, 29 medium-sized, 9 large and 3 extra large boxes
The size of the boxes we’re mentioning here are standard:
- small: 16”x12”x12”
- medium: 16”x18”x16”
- large: 18”x18”x24”
- extra large: 18”x18”x28”
Now, this is just for the orientation. You need to check if you need all of these boxes, or you even need more. But, to prepare well for the packing part of moving your office to The City, we suggest you collect all the packing material on time! And to make a checklist of all the packing supplies you need. That way you won’t forget anything before the packing starts!
Packing your office for moving to manhattan
The real deal – the actual packing of your office items. Before you start, make a checklist of your office items. That helps not to forget to bring something. Here are the steps when you start to pack the stuff from your office:
- Unload the desk and the shelves
- Disassemble your office furniture and your office machines. Prepare everything to get packed. Before disassembling, take a photo of how everything should look like after you reassemble it.
- Sort out the items- put like with like.
- Be careful and pack all the important documentation in a secure place!
- Put the items of the same size in the same place, so you could pack them in the same box. Save space!
- Be especially careful packing your computer and the other sensitive machines.
- After you feel in all the boxes, label them and make sure you visibly mark the content, so nothing gets damaged, and not a single important box is lost.
- Let the Manhattan professionals for your office move do the loading and unloading part. Save yourself troubles of not doing it the right way and losing your items due to lack of your moving competence.
In the end, we will get back to the very beginning. Learn how to pack each important office item. When discussing how to pack your office for Manhattan move, we can’t know what are the items your specific office contains. So that’s your part. We wanted to make sure you understand how to prepare for office packing before you move it to Manhattan. Follow these steps, and you can’t possibly be wrong. But if you’re not careful enough, or you forget something, you could find yourself in a hurry, and therefore in a problem. That’s why we’ll emphasize again the importance of creating the checklists. For your office items as well as for the packing supplies. Forgetting any of two aforementioned would make you angry with yourself!