Relocation is a part of everyday life. Whether we relocate our homes, apartments or offices, we still have to do it perfectly. However, relocating or moving an office is a bit different. You need to know how to prepare and pack the items inside before you decide to move out. Fortunately for you, we have prepared a short guide with office decluttering tips for you! We hope that you will find everything you need in here and that it will help you out in some way. So, let us begin!
Make a good list
Office decluttering is not easy work. You will need a plan before you start doing it. Here is an example of the list you should follow:
- Make a good plan: If you make a good plan, you will declutter your office in no time! Make sure to have a lot of storage units and containers or moving boxes before you do it. Organize each and every item by their type and label the boxes and containers. Then put the similar or the same items in the same container. That way you will know exactly where your pencils and where your documents are.
- Start from the smallest to the biggest: The easiest part of decluttering an office before moving is to move office desks. The hardest part, however, is to make sure that nothing is lost in the process. Start from the smallest bits and move on to the larger bits. You can always move out an office desk, but if you have 200 documents, if you lose one then you will have a lot of trouble. Organize appropriately.
- Discard unnecessary items: Let’s face it – most offices are full of unnecessary items. Worn-out sheets, broken stuff, pencils which are not working, etc, are unnecessary items. Thus, you should discard them and don’t bother with bringing them over to your new office place. Bring them only if they have a sentimental value, like your first pen, or something similar.
- Disassemble furniture last: Most furniture will have smaller parts, so make sure to disassemble it last because it can easily get confused with other office stuff. Make sure to disassemble furniture carefully and to put everything where it belongs. Never forget that the smallest bits are the most important ones!
Professional help might be useful during office decluttering
If you think that you and your co-workers cannot do the job well, call the professionals. For example, if you are in New York, you can always rely on some movers like commercial movers NYC or others. They are professionals who are doing the same job for years and they have decluttered and moved a lot of offices. Never do it alone if you are uncertain!
Also, if you need to move your office to a faraway place, you can always contact long distance movers NYC and get their help. Remember that you will need all the help you can get if you are not certain how to do it on your own. It is always better to be safe than sorry, so feel free to contact any professionals for help!
Tips and tricks for office decluttering
There are not many tips and tricks for office decluttering, but the ones that exist are very useful!
- Set your documents to a digital form – by doing this, you will not have to bother to transport all the documents from one place to another. We are living in modern times and a lot of important business stuff should be done by a PC. After all, even if you need them in paper form, you can always print as many copies as you like. It’s cheaper and more effective. Always do it before your relocation!
- Clean everything before you move in – this is often overlooked. You certainly do not want to put everything in a dirty space. Some documents can get dirtied and also the inventory. It will give away a bad look to both the office and the workers. Always make sure everything is as clean as it can get.
- Do it one step at the time – One step at the time wins the race! When office relocation is concerned, you need to be careful with a lot of things. You can’t allow anything to go astray, or you might lose important information or data.
Listen to more experienced colleagues and professionals
Even if you are experienced, chances are someone is more experienced than you. Some offices are so big that a lot of workers have decluttered them before you even started working there. Make a plan with your colleagues and listen to their advice, if you happen to need it. That way everything will go according to plan. Moreover, you can always hire professional movers to help you with your office decluttering. They really know what they are doing and you can learn a lot from them for the future!
Also, a good idea might be to call some friends and family before you declutter your office. You can always learn something more about the non-conventional stuff, like office decluttering, from them. Getting more and more experienced will only help you out and never hinder you.
Keep these two things in mind:
- Sometimes, it is better to step down: If an argument ensues in the office, or some colleagues do not agree with your ideas, it might be better to step down and let them proceed with their plan. Why? Because office decluttering is not really that hard and it is not worth it to fight with your colleagues about it.
- Listen and remember: Listen and remember everything. Who knows when it might be useful!
Office decluttering is not as hard as it seems, but it is a tedious process. A lot of things can go wrong, and knowing what and when to do can save you a lot of trouble! Moreover, you can always ask professional movers for help if you need it. Chances are they will do the work much better than you.