Storing your summer items in Manhattan self storage unit
Get Your Free Moving Quote
Even though it is still summer, you should start slowly making plans for your summer items. If you’re living in a small apartment or house, you might have problems with storage. There is not enough space for both your winter and summer belongings. For this reason, you should rent self storage Manhattan. This way, you will have enough space in your home by placing out of season items in the storage. Since the summer will end in a couple of weeks, here are all the tips for storing your summer items in Manhattan self storage unit.
Rent early when storing your summer items in Manhattan self storage unit
You should not wait for the last moment to find your storage unit. You should start looking for Manhattan moving and storage as early as you can. Here are a couple of things to pay attention to when looking for a storage unit.
- Cost – price is always important as you should not spend too much money on renting a storage unit.
- Size – choose the size of your storage unit carefully since the price of the unit mostly depends on its size.
- Location – your storage unit should be close to your home. It is a little bit counterproductive if you have to spend more than an hour to reach your storage unit.
- Safety and security – make sure to check all the safety measures that your future storage facility has installed.
- Service – see if you should rent a self-storage unit or a full-service storage unit.
Choosing what store
Now it is time to declutter your summer items. Make 3 piles. The first pile should contain only the items you plan to store and use again next year. The second pile is for items that you want to donate or sell. If you want to donate, you can contact local charities or some larger, such as Habitat for Humanity and Saint Vincent de Paul Society. The last pile is for items you want to throw away. Then, it is time to wash your summer items. Make sure to let them dry completely before putting them in storage. In addition to this, you should take an inventory. Make a list of all the items you plan to store. Keep this list in case some of your items get lost.
Tips for packing
You should gather all the necessary packing supplies before packing and storing your summer items in Manhattan self storage unit. This includes moving boxes, bubble wrapping, packing peanuts, paper, and so on. You should put smaller items in the boxes, fill it with bubble wrapping, and seal the box with tape. As for the bigger items, you should wrap them in moving blankets, secure the wrapping with tape, and store it in the unit. Lastly, you should make sure to label all the boxes. Then, stack the boxes putting the heavier on the bottom and the lighter on the top. Make sure you can see the label.